Big Trouble In Little China

Film: Big Trouble In Little China
Director: John Carpenter
Actors: Kurt Russell, Kim Catrall, Victor Wong
Format: Downloaded from internet but burnt to DVD
LINK TO Tremors: Both feature Victor Wong

Once again, this is another film film had already seen. However, the version I watched was an extended version that re included deleted footage from the DVD and the Betamax version of the film. I thought that by watching this I would enjoy the film much more, and as a result I did. The deleted added more depth to the story and made the film make more sense. However, the betamax footage was basically what the audience was thinking but expressed through characters E.G After Kurt Russell's character beats up a bunch of men, Kim Catrall's character says "well done". Some of the footage was a bit pointless but this is the only way I was going to see the film in its original state. Since I downloaded it from the internet, I was a bit sceptical about the quality of footage. The main film was ripped form DVD so it was in it's best form, but deleted footage varied and it was obvious which footage was from Betamax.

The film itself is a pure action flick with all the standard one liners and fights you expect from an action movie. The film has an original plot, with some of it acutally based on Chinese mysticism so it isn't all what it seems.

Rating: 9/10

I love action movies and I have to admit, this one is one of my favourites. The deleted footage made the film more enjoyable and is only chance I will get to see the film in a finished state...

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm