Sheridan - the butterfly effect


The Butterfly Effect

I saw this film a few years back and decided it was one of my favourite films. I have recently re-watched it which reconfirmed its place as one of my favourites. It is a very complex film and it is not at all easy going but it is definitely interesting and I think that the story line is amazing. I think that, what partly helped this great film, were the actors amazing performances. I especially loved Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smarts performance.
The storyline was incredible and extremely moving, after watching this film I felt emotional and a little depressed probably because of the story line which was so traumatic. Nonetheless this makes me enjoy the film even more and want to watch it over and over so that I can begin to try and understand the characters.
The basic outline of the movie is about a young man (Ashton Kutcher) that blocks out harmful memories of significant and awful events of his life. As he gets older, he finds a way to recall these horrific lost memories as he learns this, he also learns a supernatural way of changing what happened, subsequently changing the lives of him and every one around him.
The film did not follow a predictable story line and was not linear as it kept skipping back and forth in time. I think that this was a very effective way to portrait this horrifically wonderful plot. The film has alternative endings, which is very strange, one of them ruins the film but the main one, which was shown in cinemas, was the best. I don’t think that they should have made so many endings to such a good film because it confuses people.
This film is immaculately shot and directed. The lighting is perfect all the way through; it’s never too dark or light. It really creates the right mood for the film.
The film has a great sound track which really suits it because of the lyrics and feel of the track. It plays in the last scene and brilliantly ended an amazing film.

By Sheridan Goff

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm