Ghostbusters

If there’s something strange… in the neighbourhood who you gunna call? Ghostbusters!
Ghostbusters was released in 1984, the basic plot is that three scientists have been researching how to capture and store ghosts, when they’re funding for it by their university was pulled. After a successful test of their inventions they decide to go in into business catching and storing ghosts which are causing havoc around New York, after a slow start, they become local hero’s, and when a skyscraper becomes the main point of activity for spirits and ghosts, The Ghostbusters are called in to remove them and there ancient God Gozer.

I first watched this film when I was very young, and I didn’t understand the film one bit, I only laughed at the big marshmallow man and didn’t get any of the jokes, but my mum bought me them for my birthday last year because recently I wanted to watch them again, and I found them really funny. Even though it was made over 20 years ago, the special effects for the film is quite good, I admit its no star wars, but they are very good for the era when it was made.

The main character was Dr. Peter Venkmen, Played by Bill Murray, if it wasn’t for this film, I would have no idea who he was, I read some of the film names he has been in before Ghostbusters, and I have never heard of any of them, and I was surprised to see that he was the Voice of Garfield in 2004, and the second one in 2006.

I believe that this film is one of the all time greats, with a really catchy theme tune. It has a lot of 1 liner’s, which makes the film funny. I personally think that the giant marshmallow man is legendary because you would not expect it as a beast, you would imagine a massive dinosaur or something of that kind. All the ghosts that Goza could of done, they take the marshmallow man from one of the Ghostbusters minds to crate as a monster. It ends up being goo.

I think that Ghostbusters 2 was a disappointment, I got the box set and I thought that Ghostbusters 2 would be just as good, but I was let down. Rumours on the internet say that there is going to be a Ghostbusters video game released next year, and that there’s rumours of a third film!

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm