The Royal Tenenbaums

The Royal Tenenbaums was made in 2002, and it is about a family who over time drifted apart. But now the father who left wants to get more involved with his children who are now all grown up. The only way he can get into their lives again is to lie and say he is dying. Eventually they find out that he is lying. During all this his children are now in there thirties and all their lives where successful until they all took a wrong turn, which ends up with one of them trying to commit suicide. I don’t think I was listening to it correctly at the start because I thought these two people where brother and sister, and they ended up kissing, Which confused and sickened me a little bit, until I found out that the girl was adopted, which made it better, but still was a bit weird. Eventually the father puts everything right, but sadly he dies later that year.

There are quite a few very famous people in it. For a starter is has Bill Murray who was in Ghostbusters, furthermore there is Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, who have done quite a lot of movies together, Like Starkey and Hutch and Night at the Museum, there were a few more characters who I recognised but when I saw their name had no idea who they were.

The movie is split up like a book. Ever so often there is a screen with a chapter heading, and a few sentences from the chapter of the book, which this movie is based on. I found it quite slow to start off with, on the back of the dvd it claims that it is hilarious, but as far as I can see, there is no comic value in this movie whatsoever. It was just confusing who is who. The only bit I found a little funny was when Ben Stiller pushed a priest down some stairs. Even though the storyline was quite good, in some places is was quite dull.

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm