Aliens

Film: Aliens
Director: James Cameron
Actors: Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Lance Henrikson
Format: DVD
LINK TO AVP: BOTH FEATURE LANCE HENRIKSON

After watching AVP, I felt slightly dissapointed and decided to remind myself of a "true" alien film, in this case "Aliens". I had already watched this movie before it had a been a few years before so I decided to hunt down the Quadrilogy boxset and give "Aliens" a watching. It came with two verisons of the film, so I naturally watched the extended edition as to see how it was originally intended to be seen.

Unlike the other alien films, this one seemed to be bit more of an action film due to the amount of "Xenomorphs" (that's the proper name for the alien creature for the uninformed!) in the film. I'm not complaining because I do like a good action movie and this was sort of what I was expecting. However, there are some horror elements from the previous film and I hate to admit it, but it did make me jump a few times. I much prefer this film to most modern horrors due to the fact older horror's are more atmospheric to newer films.

James Cameron does a fantastic job of directing with the many different camera angles and the large complex set pieces. However, my only grievance for this film would be that the xenomorph design isn't as good as that from the original film but it doesn't really detract from the viewing experience

Rating: 9/10

This movie is probably one of the best from the alien series but if only they got the look of the aliens right in this film...

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm