Sweeny Todd

This film is in my opinion a classic Tim Burton film and it was nice to see him working with Johnny Depp again. I Feel that Johnny Depp played his part brilliantly and seems to have a knack of playing the role of a charachter true to life, for example George Jung (think thats right spelling but it's poop all the way through). Sacha Baron Cohen also starred in the film, as Johnny's rival barber who was once his apprentice. I feel that Sacha wasn't the best actor for this role as when he tried to speak like a cockney in ol' landan tan he didn't really pull it off and i just thought Ali G but that may just be me being short sighted. I also feel this film should definatly be watched in the cinema as the setting and the gothic atmosphere are both things I feel you would only appreciate in the cinema, however if you watched it on DVD it would still be ok becuase the slashings are gory enough to watch in a group. I watched the film with my girlfriend and a few mates, mainly because we like Tim Burton films, Johnny Depp film and love it even more when they team together like there the power rangers or something. If you wanna watch something I would heavilly advise to go and see this. So do it NOW!!!

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm