No country for old men.

I watched No country for old men by the Coen brothers, at the Picture House, with my friend. The reason I was drawn to watching this film was that I had heard a lot about it. My boss had seen it in Australia before it's UK opening, he said that he was put of by the trailer but was pleasantly surprised when he went to see it. A friend had also told me that it had been very well received in America. I liked the fact that it had tried to be different by using no non-diegetic sound, this did not occur to me during the film but it was later when I was told it, that I realised. I felt that having no music made very little difference, this aspect of the film must have been hard to sell as often music can add greatly to a film. The script was extremely well written with Tommy Lee Jones character talking in a very cool and smooth way, one problem with the dialogue I found was that because they were talking in strong Texan accents it was sometimes quite difficult to understand what they were saying. I feel that it is a film well worth watching twice as to truly understand everything. The character of the serial killer was very haunting and demonic, his voice was perfect for the character and his ominous gas canister was a nice take on a murderers tool. Overall I enjoyed the film very much and will definitely consider watching it again.

I found a link about the directors - the Coen brothers.

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm