St. Trinnians review...

St Trinians
Certificate 12a
St. Trinian’s- I was expecting this film to only be enjoyed by fans of Girls Aloud and other 12 year olds girls who think soft drug taking, overt sexual implications and drinking would make them empowered young women. However, to my great surprise this was an amusing all round film. It was based on the 1950’s TV of the same title, this film has managed to distance itself with contemporary humour about youtube, chavs and wannabe WAG’s.
Directed by Oliver Barker and Barnaby Thompson, both reasonably unknown, this film sold itself on Rupert Everett playing Miss Fritton, Colin Firth playing Geoffrey Thwaites and smaller roles filled with actors who appeal to the films demographic (such as Mischa Barton). For an older market, Russell Brand’s witty one liners save the film when it’s going down hill.
I watched this film at the cinema, with friends of a similar age to me, and overall we found most of its ‘risky’ humour to be enjoyable but more than anything (for my age group), I found myself reminiscing about my secondary experience, this film was trying to work on the irony that schools today aren’t like that, however it was closer than it should’ve been!

0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm