Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Nausicaa is a japanese anime film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki. It was released in 1984 and then was re-released in english in 2005. The original film was voiced entirely by japanese actors, but the re-release has many film stars including Patrick Stewart, Uma Thurman and Mark Hamill. These actors were a good choice for the english version of the film as many people can recognise the familiar voices. Patrick Stweart's voice alone is strong and recogniseable and it also is suits his character perfectly. Originally I watched the film on tv alone when I was ill from school, but I have recently bought the film on dvd to add to my Studio Ghibli collection.



This film is very well done and has stunning animation considering when it was made., this film is also entirely un The fact that this is an anime film may put some people off, but personally I think it is much better than many live action films. In fact this film is ranked as one of the 50 greatest sci-fi films on IMDB. It has a strong narrative supported by great action sequences, some drama and a good cast, I would strongly urge anyone to watch it.



Below I have inserted the original japanese trailer for the film.


0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm