Sweeney Todd

I watched this film on my own at home on the computer. The director of the film was Tim Burton and has some well known actors such as Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman and Timothy Spall. I think that having Johnny Depp as the main character helps to sell the film well because he already has a fan base and has appeared in other good movies such as Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow and Chocolat.

This film is based on the broadway musical which tells the story of Benjamin Barker, who goes by the alias Sweeney Todd. It follows the story of him setting up a barber shop in Fleet Street, London, with the character Mrs. Lovett and how he longs for revenge against the Judge Turpin, who has his daughter, Johanna, as his ward.

Overall I really liked this film and would recommend others to watch it. However I think that it would be better to watch at the cinema because there would be a better picture and sound to it.


0 comments:


 

© 2007 LongRoadFilm